|Ashes of Al'ar solo farming|
Image credit: baradiel
If you are level 90, you can follow the fail proof tactics below, no matter what class you are.
How to solo Kael'thas
It's been over a year since Loot Hunters visited Tempest Keep The Eye. At that point in time it was possible to get 1000 wow gold as gold drops from the 4 bosses and another 200 gold coins from trash mobs. Now that you're getting only 1/25 of the wow gold that you used to get, your main source of gold is the item drops here. The recipes you get here sell very poorly these days too. Some of them were even nerfed, so it doesn't look good.
|Tempest Keep Entrance|
Kael'thas awaits you in the biggest
of the Naaru fortresses.
Here's fail proof tactics on how to do it with any class:
- Once you have triggered the encounter, run out of the room the way you came from and continue running all the way to the entrance of the dungeon.
- The first advisor will follow you SLOWLY all the way to the entrance. Kill him there.
- The second advisor soon follows. Kill him next to the entrance portal as well.
- Before the third advisor comes to you, move to the room where Al'ar is/was. Kill her there.
- Now run towards Kael'thas' room and kill the last advisor somewhere nearby.
- Kill the adds that come to you.
- Stay where the last advisor died and nuke the advisors as they come to you.
- Kill Kael'Thas! Feeling lucky? Loot Ashes of Al'ar!
I finally got mine when researching this gold making post!
So how much gold can you make here?
I usually skip the bosses here myself. I don't find it worthwhile killing them and only get 10 gold for it. Even doing a Cata daily quest is more profitable. The epics they drop don't sell that well either. Still, here's the loot I obtained from a single run. I cleared all mobs and bosses. This run took approx 20 minutes.
- Netherweave cloth x 64
- Greenies x 5
- BOP Epics x 16
- Vendor junk x TONS
- Gold drops: 46 gold
If I did the run before the gold nerf, the sum would have been 1613 gold instead. Quite a nerf?
Too long, didn't read
It's best to skip all mobs and bosses, and go directly to Kael'Thas if you are after Ashes of Al'ar. There's lots more gold to be made elsewhere these days!