How to enter a raid instance without outside help!
It's a raid instance once again, so you need to form a raid group in order to enter. This time around I have a nice little trick for you that allows you to enter a raid instance without inviting anyone... Well, except yourself!
While it would be faster to invite some random nab, I prefer this method as you don't need to rely on anybody else. If you play during odd hours, it might be impossible to find someone you could abuse or you might even get kicked out of the instance if for some reason the other user has to log out and you get a dc during a boss fight.
- Enter Battle.net account management
- Create a new trial account under the same Battle.net account
- When you login, you get to choose which WoW account you log into
- Create a toon on the new account and level it to 10 so you are eligible for raid groups. It's extremely fast even without heirlooms. Just do a couple of quests (*And check nearby treasure chest and rare monster spawn points. Each will give about 1000 exp at these levels, granting you easy level ups!)
- Open a new WoW window and login onto your main account (wow1) and reduce the other window's size a bit so it won't be so laggy
- Invite your slave character into a group and convert into a raid!
- Close the other window and start raiding!
*: I will release a Treasure Hunting guide soon that focuses on hunting chests and rare monsters for some yummy exp and gold, instead of your regular questing guide!
I can crush some bugs nao?
The 20 (Ruins) instance is one big Tank & Spank, so no tactics are needed for any of the fights, at least on a level 85 hunter. I can simply send my pet in and nuke them all down in no time. If you are playing on a different character and are not sure how you should handle a certain fight, leave a comment and I will assist.
There are 6 bosses in the instance and the only one that might give you trouble would be Ayamiss. If your dps is too low and are a pet user, you might get into trouble. If you have control of your pets, make them assist you should you get sacrificed.
I've been able to find even 3000g worth of items from both AQ20 and 40. The latter takes a bit longer to clear since the bosses require more tactics and some will still not be soloable.
But it doesn't matter. I don't farm bosses only. Trash mobs are not trash here, each may carry valuable items!
How I do it as a Hunter
As a hunter I use a turtle pet with only defensive talents for soloing raids and heroics. They take less damage than your average death knight tank of the same level and can even solo the bosses if you are interested in AFK kills.
My pet stays at 99% hp all the time due to Silverback and Spirit Bond. And if it's not enough, I toss a mend pet too.
Spec shouldn't matter, but I stick to Marksmanship for those one shot Aimed Shot kills and AOE Multi-Shot spam with 10 focus costs! Glyph of Misdirection is extremely helpful. I try to keep it up 24/7 so I don't have to melee.
I use the following misdirection macro so I don't have to target my pet manually everytime.
/cast [@focustarget,help,exists,nodead] [@pet, exists, nodead]  Misdirection
Where's the gold?
Time to find out!
- Every monster can drop coffer keys, idols and scarabs. Each sell for 20-200g.
- Certain vanilla end game profession recipes are obtained from here too and are VERY valuable, but have low drop rates. If you find such item and are not sure how much you should sell it for, leave a comment!
- You will find lots of greenies. They all DE into GEEs and Illusion Dust! Anubisaths even drop essences!
- Some monsters drop an Obsidian chunk that can be mined. It may contain valuable gems!
- Your bags will be full of grey items, but they are not worthless.
- Each boss drops even 3 old class skill books that sell for 10g to a vendor.
- Each boss drops 20g ish as pure gold. AQ40 bosses drop 50g ish instead.
- Each boss drops epics that often have a decent vendor price.
- Each boss may drop an enchanting recipe. These are BOP, but VERY valuable when sold as scrolls!
- Moam often drops Plans: Black Grasp of the Destroyer. It's BOE and may sell for even 1000g.
- There are coffers scattered around the instances. If you find a key, don't forget to peek inside!
Protip: Disenchanting greenies and mining the Obsidian chunks will make you rich. Don't forget Bountiful Bags guild perk for possible double loot!
Note: Since the removal of keyring, Coffer Keys have not been dropping anymore. It's a bug and will be fixed soon(tm) according to a GM.
List of soloable AQ bosses
Thanks to Durendil for the partial list!
Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj
All soloed at level 80. YouTube
Temple of Ahn'Qiraj
Skeram: Killed YouTube
Bug trio Killed YouTube
Sartura Killed YouTube
Fankriss Killed YouTube
Huhuran: Killed YouTube
Viscidus: Killed YouTube
Ouro: Killed YouTube
Twin emperors: Killed
C'thun: Not killed
★ Check the Elite Gold Making page for the best gold making tricks ★
★ Use the automated gold making addon and make 30,000 gold a day ★
★ Read the Most Secret Gold Making Tricks that even I cannot mention! ★
★ Level alts & professions. 1-90 in 2½ days is the record with this addon ★