Need to get attuned... For now?
For a while still, TBC heroics still need a key in order to enter. These keys are reputation rewards from the quartermaster involved with the instance. For example, Hellfire Citadel heroics need Flamewrought Key, purchasable from Honor Hold and Thrallmar reputation vendors upon attaining Revered with them.
In patch 4.2 the keyring will be removed, but there was no mention if TBC heroic attunements will also be lifted, or if you have to carry these keys in your bags instead.
Where is the Shattered Halls entrance?
|The entrance is located next to Ramparts|
A typical rush with a tank spec takes less than 18 minutes and can gain between 500-20,000 gold, depending on how lucky you are with drops and what professions you have available. A typical run gives me about 1400g usually. 500g if I'm unlucky and don't see any valuable drops. You have a small chance of obtaining extremely rare profession recipes from TBC heroics which give you a massive gold boost!
And with a small chance I mean statistically you have to run about 100-200 runs to get a rare recipe, but you will never know when RNG favors you! I've seen Battlemaster enchant and some blacksmithing plans both drop in one run, even though their drop rate is like 0.10%! Too bad it wasn't a solo run then. :/
How can a TBC heroic be profitable?
Let's see what loot you can find here!
- Every mob drops 25-90 silver usually.
- Every mob drops Netherweave Cloth.
- You will get lots of TBC enchanting mats if you can DE.
- Your bags will be full of greys, which each are worth a few gold usually.
- You will find BOE blues. Most of them are worthless though.
- Bosses drop loot that should be vendored for many gold pieces each.
- You will find TBC Darkmoon Cards here.
- If you are fast enough, you get a bonus "boss" which drops Primals, pots and scrolls!
- Every mob has a small chance of dropping a extremely valuable BOE profession recipes. These can be Schematics, Recipes, Designs or Plans. There is about 30 of them out there!
Protips to make you even more gold:
- If you run into TBC Darkmoon Cards, they are worth 50-500g usually. If you sell them invidually and not as a deck/trinket, you get a lot more profit!
- Bosses drop epics, but Void Crystals are worthless. These should be vendored instead! If you want to create products, like enchanting scrolls with them, it's more profitable if you buy them from AH instead.
- Prismatic Shards can be valuable... Or not! Check AH prices before you choose to disenchant blue items.
- Like always, find a profitable use for Netherweave Cloth. You will find lots of it! These can be bags or tailoring products that can be DE'd for profit.
- Most blue quality BOEs are worthless, but some are worth a few hundred.
★ Check the Elite Gold Making page for the best gold making tricks ★
★ Use the automated gold making addon and make 30,000 gold a day ★
★ Read the Most Secret Gold Making Tricks that even I cannot mention! ★
★ Level alts & professions. 1-90 in 2½ days is the record with this addon ★